2011 was a year that highlighted many new ventures, and below is a brief summary of some of them. Please click on the bars above to see more examples.

CARDS
Looking over some of my drawings and doodles, I decided to make some of them into greeting cards.  These are mostly given away as gifts, but recently they were sold at a Craft Stall.

DESIGN
As a graphic designer, I have been involved with all aspects of design, as well as in the training and teaching of design, and this has been the main focus of my work over the years. I include retouching of photographs in this section as that has become an increasing interest of mine.

ILLUSTRATIONS
The illustrations are fun exercises, and some of them have been used in various projects. I have always been interested in graphic art (etchings, lino-cuts, wood-cuts and print making) and also enjoy testing myself with computer generated illustration.

PAINTING
As an artist I constantly test myself in all aspects of art, and I enjoy playing with charcoal, watercolours and acrylics. In this section I show some of my work.

PRINTS
The card designs (under CARDS) were used to print posters and prints that can be framed.

WRITING
I love writing, and one of my daily pleasures is to scribble in a journal. I write poetry, short stories, and have written two books. The one was an autobiography, mostly as a gift to my children and family. The next book was part of a NaNoWriMo Challenge, and is being edited at present. I have also written poetry for two books of poetry with other poets, and contributed poems to three books published by the Poetry Institute of Africa, and The International Library of Poetry.

CONTACT
Please feel free to contact me, and if you have a blog detailing your own work, I would love to have a link to it on this blog for others to enjoy as well.
 



                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment